Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 226

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking)

  1. #121
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Connecticut buddy Mr C turned me on to Col Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit and It has been helping me unpack into our new place this holiday weekend. They seems to have been influenced by Frank Zappa, I am gonna have to give them a 2 [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] up fer sure. Govt Mule is next up for this evening.

    Gus, how about a thumbnail review of the Eyeliners style of music, I am not familiar with them at all.

    Rog dude

  2. #122
    Inactive Member Dawn Russell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I am back on my feet again. And everything seems to be going well for both my husband and I. As well as are son. I am back to work but I can't put any quotes on here yet because my computer crashed on me during a storm, so I have been using my Mother's when I can.. I hope all is well with everyone and I really miss all of you. You are so supportive, and I think about everyone on here all the time. I really wish I could meet all of you. Well I will keep in touch on things and I hope I will be back on soon.
    Love all of you
    Dawn

  3. #123
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We should plan a union with everyone, with Cherie as the guest of honor! Whatdoya think???

  4. #124
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I have been having trouble with my server but finally got it fixed. I hope! It's way late and I gotta hit the hay and I'm not too good at reviews but I will give it a quick shot here Ella! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The Eyeliners......
    These three sisters from Albuquerque, New Mexico take to the stage with an energy almost too big to contain. Bassist Lisa rattles the walls with her heavy, thunderous grooves, while guitarist Gel, whose style can only be described as acrobatic, bounces around from corner to corner like a supercharged ion particle. And drummer Laura drives the sound with dexterity and speed, while at the same time, disarmingly offsetting the group?s fierce raucousness with her sweet vocal lines.

    Of course, none of this would mean anything without the songs, and Here Comes Trouble is fourteen dynamic rounds of rock anthems played at breakneck speeds. It?s a roller coaster ride with no lulls, and no queasy feeling afterwards - just a desire to get right back on and experience it again.

    The sound of the album from beginning to end is hard, fast, and unapologetically heavy, yet the ferocity of the music is tamed by an infectious and undeniable sense of melody. Pinpointing the band?s influences is a guessing game of pick-up sticks- you might hear a bit of everything from 50s girl group harmonies to 60s free-spiritedness in the chord progressions, from 70s punk sensibilities to late 80s metal swagger. All of these go into The Eyeliners machine and come out on the other end as something fresh, new and exciting- rock and roll for the new millennium.

    It?s raw, yet smooth, unpolished, yet perfectly presented - it rings out with a new truth: punkers, who once built records with walls of noise, are learning how to master their instruments. And if a wider audience than normal ends up liking the music as a result? Well, so be it.

    There?s not a weak spot on the CD, but everybody has to have a favorite track, so after much deliberation, I settled on "If I Were You". That one song is perfectly indicative of everything that?s great about this band. It?s hard, fast and melodic, with a lyric that could make anyone smile. It?s also a tune that evidences the band?s musical abilities and tightness and their confidence as songwriters.

    In fact, Here Comes Trouble is the perfect antidote for people like me who tend to get inexplicable and God-awful songs stuck in their brains for days at a time since picking it up, I always make sure it?s the first thing I listen to in the morning, and at least I spend the rest of the day with good songs trapped in my skull.

    Everyone tells me rock and roll is coming back in a big way, and I like to believe it?s true. If it is, I firmly expect these young women?s star to go hurtling through the stratosphere and leave an indelible light in the sky. The proof is in the proverbial pudding.


    [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]
    GD

    PS Thanks for the update Dawn. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Take care!
    PSS Good idea CCfan. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] THAT's whatIthink!

  5. #125
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Everyone!

    If you liked The Eyeliners "Here Comes Trouble" album then you absolutely must get their newer album "Sealed With A Kiss"! It's even better!!! Every song on it rocks, and with their catchy melodies and friendly personalities they are one of my favorite bands. I've had the pleasure of seeing them play live three different times, and have not been disappointed yet. Laura is no longer behind the drums. Instead she is up front as lead singer, and they have different drummers playing with them the last 2 times I've seen them. They have to be cool because they love The Ramones, NY Dolls and so many other great bands, and each one has influenced their sound in one way or another. These three sisters are a pleasure to recommend, and are pure enjoyment to hear and see! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #126
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Got the new Govt. Mule "DEJA VOODOO".
    ME LIKEEE

  7. #127
    Inactive Member ERIC M HANSEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] Hi Gus ! Yesterday At compact disc world. I picked up 4-c/ds (The Beatles c/d hits vol. #1) - (Band on the run) - The (Clash London Calling) & (Velvet Revolver)...Everyone have a great Sunday....Some Nice cool weather In N.J today......Eric

  8. #128
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Lately I've been listening to 'Back In The U.S. Live 2002' by Paul McCartney! A great 2 CD set I received from my dawter for my birthday, it has all of his hits! Beatles, Wings and Solo and is a FABtastic trip down memory lane. Or should I say Penny Lane? //oo\\
    Thanks again CCfan! I'm diggin' my new CDs 4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #129
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Post

    Well i listen to Cherie's solo albums now. But i also love Madonna. Yes Madonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And he'r latest American Life album is dynamite. Also the mixing of all the 5 singels are great. Listen to " Nobody knows me " up and beyond mix. Killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also quite like ABBA.... And Blondie.......
    ( why do i feel something's coming over now )

  10. #130
    Inactive Member ERIC M HANSEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to say hi veronica! & My father & grandparents were born in Oslo Norway....My grandfather was a captain of an oil tanker for (sunconey oil) now (Sunoco) in the 50s after moving to the U.S. They have all past a way since....But its very nice to meet you & Everyone on this message board are good people and Kool...Take care Eric the viking
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic